London – Positive impact investor WHEB has launched a new impact calculator. Investors can now calculate the outcomes associated with any individual amount invested in the company’s fund. The new tool was introduced in WHEB’s fourth Impact Report.
WHEB’s yearly report as well as the new impact calculator aim to show how performance and positive impact are positively related to each other. In the report, the company describes how investors of all types are increasingly interested in the purpose of their investments.
“They want to understand the real-world impact of their savings and investments,” the British investment company wrote in a statement.
The new impact calculator is designed to achieve just that: In the current Impact Report the company does not only explain how the FP WHEB Sustainability Fund invests in companies providing solutions to sustainability challenges but also goes into some more detailed figures.
It demonstrates that investing £1 million in the FP WHEB Sustainability Fund in 2017 is associated with the following outcomes:
- 670 MWh of renewable energy was generated
- 1,000 tonnes of CO2e was avoided
- 1.8m litres of water use was avoided
- 15m litres of waste water was treated
- 5m litres of water was cleaned and distributed for reuse
- 55 people received healthcare treatment
- 90 tonnes of waste material were recycled or recovered
- 109 days of tertiary education was provided
- £118,000 of costs were saved in the healthcare system
According to WHEB, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are increasingly being used by asset managers as a framework to focus their investment strategy. In the recent Impact Report, the company therefore also shows how every investment in the Sustainability Fund directly supports the achievement of seven of the UN’s 17 SDGs.